Yesterday we upgraded one of our vSphere Clusters to 4.1 – it went smoothly
But today the users reported that they weren’t able to use cut % paste between the guest and their computer using the vSphere Client (Console).
After a quick google we found that VMware has tightened the vSphere security by disabling this feature. See VMware KB 1026437.
If you need the cut & paste functionality you can enable it again on the guest or host level.
For a single VM:
- Using the vSpher Client logon to your vCenter server.
- Poweroff the VM.
- Edit the VM’s settings
- Navigate to Options > Advanced > General
- Click Configuration Parameters
- Add the following rows, by using Add Row
- Click OK twice to close the dialogs and save the changes.
- PowerOn the VM
For all VM’s on a host ESX/ESXi
Must be done on all hosts, so you don’t loose the functionality when the VM is migrated to another host.